xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Zongaro <zong...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: XSLT 2.0 for Xalan-C
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:49:41 GMT
Hi, Holger.

Holger Flörke <floerke@doctronic.de> wrote on 2007-03-14 03:02:26 AM:
> Are there any developing plans for Xalan-C++ to move to XSLT 2.0? Are
> there plans for a complete new project to do XSLT 2.0 processing with a
> C++ processor within the apache group?
>
> I think there are strong market needs for such a tool.

Some prototype work for XSLT 2.0 support in the Xalan-J Interpretive
processor went on in 2003, but then trailed off.  That prototype work is
still available on the xslt20 branch <
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/java/branches/xslt20/>, but since
then nobdy has stepped forward to carry on that initial prototyping in
either Java or C++, and the Xalan PMC hasn't put in place any plans for
XSLT 2.0 support.

Any market data you might have for a C++ based XSLT processor would
probably be of great interest.

Thanks,

Henry