xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Zongaro <zong...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apache Xalan has moved from using CVS to Subversion
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:59:49 GMT
Hello.

Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2005-11-14 12:57:10 AM:
> You can checkout the code with svn commands like these:
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/c/trunk
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/java/trunk
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/test/trunk

> 4. Checkout the code under Windows command line:
> On windows, in a command prompt window, for example in a D:\SVN
directory
> issue a command like this one:
>    > svn -co http://svn.apache.org/repos/xalan/java/trunk/

     I just wanted to point out the typo in section 4 of Brian's very
detailed instructions on using Subversion.  If you want a working copy
that you'll be able to use to commit changes back to the Subversion, the
URI you specify on the checkout should use the https scheme rather than
that http scheme.  http will give you a working copy that you won't be
able to use to commit changes.

     If you've already checked out a working copy using the http scheme,
and you're feeling just a little bit brave, you can always write a script
to change the URI in all the .svn/entries files in your working copy.

Thanks,

Henry