xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ben Geyer (JIRA)" <xalan-...@xml.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (XALANJ-1403) ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -2048 when using IBM JDK1.3.1 and large input xml file
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 05:38:09 GMT
    [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-1403?page=comments#action_12359543 ] 

Ben Geyer commented on XALANJ-1403:
-----------------------------------

I do get the same problem as indicated in the original post.  Upgrading to Xalan 2.7.0 and
Xerces 2.7.1 does solve the problem for my unit test, but I can't patch Websphere 4.0.7 with
this version.  Shared environment, parent-first classloader and all that stuff.  Since I've
heard it breaks Websphere when changing it to parent-last, I'm kinda stuck until we move.

> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -2048 when using IBM JDK1.3.1 and large input xml file
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: XALANJ-1403
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-1403
>      Project: XalanJ2
>         Type: Bug
>   Components: transformation, Xalan-interpretive
>     Versions: Latest Development Code
>  Environment: Operating System: Windows NT/2K
> Platform: PC
>     Reporter: Erik Reuter
>     Assignee: Yash Talwar
>     Priority: Blocker
>      Fix For: Latest Development Code

>
> When transforming a large input xml file using an xsl file with some recursion,
> I get the exception below. I'm running this on WebSphere4 using IBM's JDK1.3.1.
> If I run the same transformation with the Sun JDK1.3.1 the exception does not
> occur and the transformation completes. I've been increasing stack- and
> memorysize etc. on the IBM JDK with no success.
> What limitation am I running into?? I can't see from the very descriptive error
> message (-2048) what limit I'm hitting. Is this a problem with IBM's JDK or
> Xalan? (using Xalan 2.4.1).
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: -2048
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.java:1193)
> 	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:632)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1079)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1057)
> 	at
> dk.codan.comp.reporting.reportutils.XMLUtils.transformXMLtoXML(XMLUtils.java:125)
> 	at
> dk.codan.comp.reporting.reports.profitability.claimslistsorted.ClaimsListXMLData.populateReportWithData(ClaimsListXMLData.java:54)
> 	at
> dk.codan.comp.ejb.reporting.processor.ReportRenderer.populateUsingXML(ReportRenderer.java:114)
> 	at
> dk.codan.comp.ejb.reporting.processor.ReportPreProcessor.populateReportWithData(ReportPreProcessor.java:121)
> 	at
> dk.codan.comp.ejb.reporting.processor.ReportPreProcessor.getPDFReport(ReportPreProcessor.java:57)
> 	at
> dk.codan.stylereportengine.ReportEngineImpl.generatePDFReport(ReportEngineImpl.java:56)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> 	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:266)
> 	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:174)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:170)
> 	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:511)
> 	at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.handleRequest(TCPTransport.java:836)
> 	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:930)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:512)
> ---------
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -2048
> 	at
> org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTM(DTMManagerDefault.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemVariable.getValue(ElemVariable.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemVariable.getValue(ElemVariable.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemVariable.getValue(ElemVariable.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemVariable.execute(ElemVariable.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.execute(ElemForEach.java(Compiled Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemTemplate.execute(ElemTemplate.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemCallTemplate.execute(ElemCallTemplate.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemChoose.execute(ElemChoose.java(Compiled Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.transformSelectedNodes(ElemApplyTemplates.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.java:226)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java(Compiled
> Code))
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemIf.execute(ElemIf.java(Compiled Code))
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.java:426)
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.execute(ElemForEach.java:287)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2142)
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemTemplate.execute(ElemTemplate.java:430)
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemCallTemplate.execute(ElemCallTemplate.java:279)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2142)
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemChoose.execute(ElemChoose.java:164)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.java:426)
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.execute(ElemForEach.java:287)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2142)
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemChoose.execute(ElemChoose.java:164)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2142)
> 	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:662)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2142)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(TransformerImpl.java:1969)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.java:1162)
> 	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:632)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1079)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1057)
> 	at
> dk.codan.comp.reporting.reportutils.XMLUtils.transformXMLtoXML(XMLUtils.java:125)
> 	at
> dk.codan.comp.reporting.reports.profitability.claimslistsorted.ClaimsListXMLData.populateReportWithData(ClaimsListXMLData.java:54)
> 	at
> dk.codan.comp.ejb.reporting.processor.ReportRenderer.populateUsingXML(ReportRenderer.java:114)
> 	at
> dk.codan.comp.ejb.reporting.processor.ReportPreProcessor.populateReportWithData(ReportPreProcessor.java:121)
> 	at
> dk.codan.comp.ejb.reporting.processor.ReportPreProcessor.getPDFReport(ReportPreProcessor.java:57)
> 	at
> dk.codan.stylereportengine.ReportEngineImpl.generatePDFReport(ReportEngineImpl.java:56)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> 	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:266)
> 	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:174)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:170)
> 	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:511)
> 	at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.handleRequest(TCPTransport.java:836)
> 	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:930)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:512)

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: xalan-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: xalan-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message