xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

From June Ng <j...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Possible build problem in Localization.mak
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:19:45 GMT
Unfortunately our Windows binary is missing a number of files, if you want
to rebuild you should use the source package.

June K. Ng
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Laboratory
Email: june@ca.ibm.com

"Brian Quinlan" <brian@sweetapp.com>
03/02/2004 02:15 AM
Please respond to
xalan-dev

<xalan-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Possible build problem in Localization.mak

> Maybe it didn't make it into the source distribution?

No, it looks like it didn't make into the NT binary distribution. BTW, I'm
trying to build Xalan 1.7 on Windows in order to prove that it is
impossible
for the naive user to do so :-)

Here is my first comment: the build documentation [1] does not state
whether
it applies to a source or binary Xalan release and source or binary Xerces
release. From past experience, I know that only the binary release of
Xerces
contains an include directory ("Add the Xerces include directory..." [1])
so
I used the binary version of Xerces. The naive user might download the
source distribution and wonder where the include directory is. The binary
version of Xalan does not seem to be able to rebuild itself on Windows. So
you need the source version of Xalan and, if you want to follow the
documentation, the binary version of Xerces. This seems odd and is not
documented anywhere that I've seen.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/readme.html#win32

Cheers,
Brian