xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: Xalan Java 2.6.0 is available
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:33:29 GMT
Santiago Pericas-Geertsen wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 19:13, Robert Koberg wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Brian Minchau wrote:
>>
>><snip/>
>>
>>>* Enhancement to XSLTC's URIResolvers and the general
>>>  mechanishm to resolve relative URIs.  XSLTC is now
>>>  compatible with Xalan Interpretive.
>>
>>Great stuff! A quick question before I try out XSLTC again:
>>
>>Does this mean that you set a URIResolver on the TransformerFactory that
>>resolves xsl:import/include and a URIResolver on the Transformer that
>>resolves the XSL document()?
>

>  Hmm. I believe that hasn't changed, only the way in which relative URIs
> are resolved. I believe you have filed this as a bug before, right? I
> need to look it up. Sorry we didn't address this in 2.6.0.

Yes. In a nutshell, the problem is that you cannot switch back and forth
between Xalan standard and Xalan XSTLC if you set a resolver on both the
TransformerFactory and Transformer. Xalan standard works as expected,
but XSLTC only allows you to set a resolver on the Transformer (or the
factory -- don't remember exactly).

best,
-Rob