xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Quinlan" <br...@sweetapp.com>
Subject RE: Possible build problem in Localization.mak
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:15:56 GMT
> Maybe it didn't make it into the source distribution?

No, it looks like it didn't make into the NT binary distribution. BTW, I'm
trying to build Xalan 1.7 on Windows in order to prove that it is impossible
for the naive user to do so :-)

Here is my first comment: the build documentation [1] does not state whether
it applies to a source or binary Xalan release and source or binary Xerces
release. From past experience, I know that only the binary release of Xerces
contains an include directory ("Add the Xerces include directory..." [1]) so
I used the binary version of Xerces. The naive user might download the
source distribution and wonder where the include directory is. The binary
version of Xalan does not seem to be able to rebuild itself on Windows. So
you need the source version of Xalan and, if you want to follow the
documentation, the binary version of Xerces. This seems odd and is not
documented anywhere that I've seen.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/readme.html#win32

Cheers,
Brian