xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

From david_mars...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: problem with <meta> tag and xhtml
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:43:48 GMT

>I am currently using xalan 1.2.2. and I have problems with the
>writing of html meta tags....
>My html file needs to be compliant to xhtml DTD....

Aha!

When writing XHTML, its need to be XML-compliant takes precedence
over the HTML requirements. You should use method="xml" in your
xsl:output to ensure that you get well-formed XML. If you chose
method="html", section 16.2 of the XSLT spec (fourth paragraph)
requires that <meta> and several other tags be output without
an end tag.

We are looking for people to write a special XHTML serializer.
For conformance to XSLT 1.0, the method keyword would have to be
"xalan:xhtml" (i.e., Xalan-specific), but XSLT 2.0 will recognize
"xhtml" as a standard method.
.................David Marston