xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Barros <man...@enjazz.com>
Subject Re: Xalan using Code Warrior
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 21:44:00 GMT
Hi,

I hope this answers your question:

The answer is simple, but probably unsatisfactory.  Get the latest Xalan
distribution, and the latest CodeWarrior compiler, i.e. Version 7.
Compile the distribution.  When you get a set of warnings and compiler
errors then fix them by either changing the offending lines of code,
changing compiler options, or changing includes.  Repeat this process
until all the errors are gone.  Most of the errors are merely compiler
and standard template library incompatibilities.  The header files in
the distribution control some of these incompatibilities.  The other
problems are OS related incompatibilities, such as sockets, file
management, etc.  Unfortunately, there is no clear solution to these
problems, you have to roll your own interface classes for the Mac.

Using this technique, will not only get the project to compile
eventually, but you will get a chance to learn about the source, which
you must understand in order to get any use out of Xalan.

You may want to search the net a third party  standard template
library.  There is at least one.  I can't quite remember the name.

Hope this answers your question.  I once got most of the compiler
errors, but then gave up when I realized how huge the code was, making
it difficult to keep up with newer distribution releases.  This almost a
year ago.