xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

From John Gentilin <jgenti...@smart911.com>
Subject Re: Need a volunteer to add update() query for SQL DML to XConnection (SQL Extension)?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 00:43:56 GMT
Alan,

We currently use Xalan for Queries and our own XMLDB Package
to convert an XML Stream into a series of SQL operations. Currently
I am working on the port from DOM mode to DTM mode. If you wanted
to throw around some ideas, I am will to discuss them.

Another idea we have been kicking around is submitting our XMLDB module
as an Open Source Project. Our biggest stopping point is how much bandwidth
will it require to support the process.

What I have now is a UML Model of the extension code (using MagicDraw) and
I plan to start the coding process this weekend. Do you have any ideas on the XSL
code that will be used to produce the Database Updates ?? I was looking into just
adding our XMLDB as a extension of the redirect function but the end result was
getting ugly.

Regards
John Gentilin

--