xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Paul_D...@lotus.com
Subject Re: doctype for the output
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:42:02 GMT

This is spec'ed behavior.  At the very end of section 16.1 the spec states;
   "The doctype-public attribute should be ignored unless the
doctype-system attribute is specified."

So add the doctype-system attribute to the output element too and it should
work.

pd

                    "Philippe

                    Vijghen"                 To:     <xalan-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    <Philippe.Vijghen        cc:     "Philippe Vijghen" <Philippe.Vijghen@forem.be>,
(bcc:
                    @forem.be>               Paul Dick/CAM/Lotus)

                                             Subject:     doctype for the output

                    02/07/2000 12:01

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    xalan-dev

I could not succeed to produce a DOCTYPE on my output.

I use the following tag in my XSL.

<xsl:output
           method="xml"
           encoding="iso-8859-1"
           doctype-public="-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"/>

...but no doctype appears on the output flow.

           Philippe
 (See attached file: Philippe Vijghen.vcf)