xml-xalan-c-users mailing list archives

From "Indrajit Bhattacharya" <indraj...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: XSLT question
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 07:12:01 GMT
Dave,

XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate() problem is solved. Thanks very much for your suggestions.

For the second part, I am attaching two XML snippets, original one and after transform.

Original XML:
<A>
	<B>Val1</B>
	<B>Val2</B>

	<C>
		<D>Val3</D>
		<D>Val4</D>
	</C>
</A>

After transforming the above:

<A>

	<B>Val1</B>

	<B>Val2</B>

	<C>

		<D>Val3</D>

		<D>Val4</D>

	</C>

</A>

I have removed other portions of the XMl just to keep it small. Please note the extra blank
lines that are coming after the transform. How to get them removed ?

Thanks in advance,

-Indrajit

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 David Bertoni wrote :
>Indrajit Bhattacharya wrote:
>>Hi Dave,
>>
>>Thanks for your reply.
>>
>>Please see the function below, which transforms a xerces document successfully. Please
provide your comments whether its okay or not.
>>I am having two problems though:
>>1. It crashes when I uncomment XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate(); at the end of the function.
>
>That's because you still have Xerces-C and Xalan-C objects still in existence.  You need
to make sure everything has been destroyed before you call XalanTransformer::terminate() and
PlatformUtils::terminate().  If you look carefully at the sample applications, you'll see
how they ensure that.

>>2. I see there is one extra blank line added to every line in the output file (trans.xml),
which I need to avoid.

>Without seeing the source document or the stylesheet, it's impossible to say.  Please
try to reproduce the problem with a _minimal_ source document and stylesheet and post the
documents.