xml-xalan-c-users mailing list archives

From Dmitry Hayes <dmit...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How come there is no conversion from XalanDOMString to char*?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:08:01 GMT

Hi Sami!
XalanDOMString is designed to contain UTF16 string . To be more explicit ,
it contains an array of UCS-2 code points.
You can use CharVectorType when you want to represent UTF-8 strings.
Note that you can't represent every code point of UTF-16 as simply  C/C++
"char" .

Dmitry

             "Sami Islam"
             <sami.islam@detew
             e.de>                                                      To
                                       "Xalan User List"
             04/27/2004 03:16          <xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org>,
             AM                        "Xalan Dev List"
                                       <xalan-dev@xml.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
             Please respond to
               xalan-c-users                                       Subject
                                       How come there is no conversion
                                       from XalanDOMString to char*?

Hello,
I would like to print out the result of a Xpath evaluation.
I see that I have to convert the XalanDOMString to CharVectorType first and
then iterate and print out single characters. Why isn't there a
XalanDOMString member that returns a char*?

Regards,

Sami Islam
Software Entwickler
DeTeWe Informationssysteme + Consulting GmbH
Abteilung Healthcare
--
Lilienthalstrasse 5
D-30916 Isernhagen