xml-xalan-c-users mailing list archives

From "Conmackie, Mike" <Mike_Conmac...@compuware.com>
Subject GPG signature verification for Xerces-c 2.4.0
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:21:52 GMT
Hello Everyone,

In the process of installing Xalan-c 1.7.0 I am also installing Xerces-c
2.4.0.  I am attempting to validate the contents of the Xerces-c distro
using GPG.  The KEYS (retrieved from
http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-c/KEYS) have been imported using:

     gpg --import KEYS

But the verification command:

     gpg --verify xerces-c2_4_0-windows_nt-msvc_60.zip.asc

produces the following output:

     gpg: Signature made 12/02/03 22:06:48  using DSA key ID 95597B05
     gpg: Good signature from "Neil Graham (this key is primarily for
signing Xerces-J   releases) <neilg@ca.ibm.com>"
     gpg: checking the trustdb
     gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found
     gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
     Primary key fingerprint: 93ED 2646 814E 5072 5BC6  F748 8BF6 F975 9559
7B05

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I'm a GPG neophyte so be kind ;-)

Regards,
Mike Conmackie

and then destroy it.