xml-xalan-c-users mailing list archives

From thomas.che...@ascentialsoftware.com
Subject RE: StreamTransform with Visual C++ .NET
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:43:07 GMT
It might start to work better when rebuilding xalan under .NET completely.
Compilation went through without a problem (a couple of warnings here and
there, that's all).
I am able to run the StreamTransform example now. But most of the other
example (and Xalan.exe including) are not working.
I get a popup with the following message in it:

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program Xalan.exe
File dbgheap.c
Line: 1132

Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

The calling stack under the debugger is showing the problem on a delete.
My C++ is a little bit rusty, I must admit. Is this related to the Microsoft
debug library and the way it redefined the new/delete operator? If yes, any
idea on how to fix it? I think I remember that there might be a way by
excluding a specific debug library. I will try to validate that by building
the release version (instead of the debug one).

I am also in the process of building xerces in .NET. I am using the 1.6.0
version (to use the same as the one bundled with xalan). Is it ok or should
I/can I use the latest Xerces (1.7)?

Thomas