xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Akin Ayi" <a...@aaa.mv.com>
Subject RE: Cmd line Service Deployment Error
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:36:45 GMT
Scott,
I added %SOAP_HOME%\lib\xercesImpl.jar to the CLASSPATH sent earlier.

Confirmed %SOAP_HOME% is correct = D:\soapInstallArea\soap-2_3_1

Issued jar -tvf %SOAP_HOME%\lib\soap.jar
It expanded, and I verified that ServiceManagerClient is in the list.
You made a good point, if the Soap Admin page works it means it found the
classes (Specifically, ServiceManagerClient.class) it needs in soap.jar
which is in my classpath.

Then, if TOMCAT could not deploy the web app, and gives this error:
org/apache/soap/server/ServiceManagerClient
It means it could NOT FIND ServiceManagerClient.class

I deployed Apache Soap 2.3.1 as .war on Tomcat 3.3.1 by placing the soap.war
from %SOAP_HOME%\webapps into %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps.

The soap.war expanded
Question: At what point does that expansion happen ?

I followed the path until I found "ServiceManagerClient.class"
%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\soap\WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\soap\server\

Question: What is needed in my CLASSPATH to tell TOMCAT go look in the
location where I found it?

I can really use the help.

thanks
akin