xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From Scott Nichol <snicholn...@scottnichol.com>
Subject Re: Can only access soap service locally
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 21:19:07 GMT
You can use TcpTunnelGui from Apache SOAP (it's in soap.jar).  For example,

    java org.apache.soap.util.net.TcpTunnelGui 81 localhost 8080

This makes it listen on port 81 and forward to localhost port 8080.  You
then point clients to it, e.g.

    java samples.stockquote.GetQuote
http://localhost:81/soap/servlet/rpcrouter IBM

As for the proxy, I thought it sounded like the proxy was forwarding to port
80 (your Apache server) rather than 8080 (Tomcat).  This might happen if you
use Apache SOAP 2.2 and the proxy uses the Host header to determine how to
forward the request (which I don't think it should do, but it might).
Apache SOAP 2.2. does not include the port in the Host header.

Scott Nichol

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Carlson" <stargazer@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <soap-user@xml.apache.org>
Cc: <soap-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: Can only access soap service locally

Hi & thanks for replying

> What happens when the proxy service goes away?

I get no route out ;-)
Today I tried using a soap client from completely outside my LAN and
it all worked! Clearly (as you suspect) the problem is the proxy, it
looks like its somehow corrupting the data. I'll investigate further,
thanks.

While I'm here ;-) Does anyone know of a tool which lets you see the
soap traffic as xml documents? Its a bit tricky relying on the api
calls, especially on the server.

Thanks!

<*> Windows XP: How many total strangers do you want poking around in your
PC today? <*>