xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel P Allen" <dal...@nist.gov>
Subject RE: Handling SOAP Faults using HTTPURLConnection based client
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 19:23:37 GMT

	This unfriendly behavior of HttpURLConnection seems to have been
	corrected, errr... changed, in J2SE 1.4.

	Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: K. Swaminathan [mailto:swami@instantis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 10:05 PM
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Handling SOAP Faults using HTTPURLConnection based client

Hi,

 I am trying to write a simple SOAP client using HttpUrlConnection. If the
server response
is a SOAP Fault, then The HttpURLConnection seems to throw a
FileNotFoundException, when
attempting to do a conn.getResponseCode(). How does one get access to the
fault information.
Some example that I saw on the web, suggested conn.getErrorStream(), but it
returns null.
Can someone point me to how you read in the fault info?

Thanks
Swami K.