xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From Boris_Paska...@putnam.com
Subject java Interface as SOAP service
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:22:00 GMT

 Hi I'm trying to set up a SOAP service on Tomcat 4.0.4. I wrote a bunch of

 classes and interfaces. I want to use the interface as the main SOAP
 service
 but when I try to deploy it I get an error:

 Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI
 Fault String = Unable to resolve target object: mypackage.interfaceClass

 After many trials I concluded that the problem do not appear if
 mypackage.interfaceClass is not an interface but a class.

 QUESTION: Is it true that I can't use an interface as a SOAP service.
 If it is not what I'm doing wrong.
 Thanks Boris