xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferies <ajeffer...@vrisko.com>
Subject SSL and Proxy authentication
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:16:47 GMT

Has anybody tried to use SOAP 2.3 over SSL through a Proxy server which
requires authentication? (Win2000, Java 1.3)

I have been successfully performing SOAP transaction via SSL with no
problems,
but a new Proxy seems to have scuppered things.

Setting the https.ProxySet, proxyHost and proxyPort system properties does
re-route the request through the Proxy, but the Proxy fails authentication.
The Proxy is set up to allow NTLM and BASIC authentication.

I've tried setting other system properties:

 https.ProxyUser, https.proxyPassword, https.proxyScheme, https.proxyRealm
 http.proxyUser, http.proxyPassword, http.proxyScheme, http.proxyRealm
 proxyUser, proxyPassword, proxyScheme, proxyRealm

These properties are mainly guesses and info found from various websites.
Is there a definitive list of system properties out there?

The exception is:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket:
java.io.IOException: Unable to tunnel through 10.10.1.157:80.  Proxy returns
"HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires
authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is
denied.  )"
	at org.apache.soap.util.net.HTTPUtils.post(HTTPUtils.java:249)
	at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.ja
va:309)

Many thanks,
Andy.