xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From Frank Cohen <fco...@pushtotest.com>
Subject RPC Literal encoding
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:38:15 GMT
Hi: I manage an open source project called TestMaker which engineers and QA
folks use to test and monitor Web Services (HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, XML-RPC.)
TestMaker bundles Apache SOAP to provide interoperability with SOAP-based
Web Services. A few TestMaker users have asked me to include support literal
encoded request parameters. At first I thought this meant they want to pass
an Element object with literal encoding in an RPC request. TestMaker does
this already.

I found they are really looking for a way to not have to deal with JAXM or
the APIs for handling XML. They might have hand-coded an XML element, such
the Body
of the request, or even more they may have a disk file containing an XML
envelope that they want to pass entirely.

They don't want to become XML experts. TestMaker provides Jython for
scripting and access to Java objects, and also JDOM for manipulating XML. So
they can get their hand coded XML into a DOM object and then passed as a
parameter into a SOAP call object.

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered the same objections to XML and how
you handled it?

-Frank

--
Frank Cohen, CEO, PushToTest, www.pushtotest.com, phone: 408 374 7426
Come to PushToTest for free open-source Active Security solutions that test,