xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From Brian Ivey <cbi...@comcast.net>
Subject Custom types
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:55:47 GMT
If you specify a type mapping in your deployment
descriptor, how do you tell the server environment
where the class file is actually located?

I have deployed a service and when I attempt to
run it I receive this error:
Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
Fault String = Deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:BasicTradingService':
class name 'javasoap.book.ch5.StockTrade_ServerSide'
could not be resolved: javasoap.book.ch5.StockTrade_ServerSide

BTW, the code is from the O'Reilly book named Java and SOAP.

The SOAP documentation says to:
check that all classes referred to from the deployment
descriptor are available to the server runtime to load

What is the server runtime (soap.jar, catalina.jar, ...)?

I have configured my CLASSPATH to add the class file, but
I am thinking this only makes it available to the client.
Is this accurate?

Tomcat version: 	4.0.3
SOAP version: 	2.3.1
OS:			Windows 2000