xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From Jeong Ahn Lee <jeongahn2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Serialization problem!!
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 06:50:17 GMT
Hi all,

i am having a problem in serializing and
de-serializing the XML (Dom document)

what i am doing is i am creating a
org.w3c.dom.Document object ( SOAP Message)
i am digitally signing it using XML security suite
from apache( Digial Signature),

i am serializing it like below

// org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer;

XMLSerializer serializer = new XMLSerializer();
String docString = serializer.writeToString(doc);

and de-serializing it like below

DocumentBuilderFactory dbf =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
Document doc = db.parse(new InputSource(new
StringReader(docString)));

but what happens is in these processes(serializiation
and de-serialization) the document
get modified and my signature verification fails.

what should i do to avoid this. what i am doing is
correct?

for me serializiation and de-serialization is very
important because, i need to send that
document over HTTP.

Thanks in advance
Jeong Ahn