xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Lozano Ruiz" <car...@nxtsis.com>
Subject Re: Provider for Jini-Services
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:17:29 GMT
Hi,
   I am currently working on project that involves both technologies (JINI and SOAP) but I
am using the following approach:

ClientSOAP----------(1-request)-------->ServerSOAP&ClientJini----------(2-request)--------->ServerJini
ClientSOAP<-------(4-response)------- ServerSOAP&ClientJini<--------(3-response)-------
 ServerJini

   So I have had to develope a class that acts as a ServerSOAP but in fact is just a Jini
client and the real server that provides all the logic is a Jini Server. This is the simplest
way I have found to join SOAP and JINI but I think the idea of building a "RPCJiniProvider"
as you suggest should be the right way to use these two technologies.

----- Original Message -----
  From: Christian Bock
  To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 6:19 PM
  Subject: Provider for Jini-Services

  Hi to all!

  Currently I am working on my deploma-thesis with the task
  to use Jini-Services from small mobile devices (CLDC/MIDP)
  What I've done so far is to start an implementation of a bridge
  between Apache-XML-RPC and kXML-RPC ( from Enhydra )
  but now I want to use Apache-SOAP and kSOAP because
  it has the big advantage of the ClassMappingRegistry.
  So my question is if someone out there already had the same
  idea of bridging JINI and SOAP and is or was working on a
  "RPCJiniProvider" ?

  comments are welcome!

  chris