xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Bock" <christian.b...@krisbe.de>
Subject Re: Provider for Jini-Services
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:54:35 GMT

what exactly is your ServerSOAP/JiniClient?
I assume you use a Servlet as server, is that
I have written a little RPCJiniProvider, but
unfortunatly I do not get it to work.
I can't figure out the problem, but the symptomes
are that a component "JiniConnector" which does
all the Discovery and Lookup using Lookup/
ServiceDiscoveryManager does not find any LUS
or service at all.
The "JiniConnector" works fine as "Standalone".
I found some information about Servlets and Jini
what seems not to fit my needs.

The codebase in CATALINA_OPTS is set:

The permission in catalina.policy is set to
grant {
    permission java.security.AllPermission "", "";

I found some information about Classloader
problems in earlier versions of Tomcat ( I am
using 4.0)
But testing that out, the classloader is the
ContextClassloader, which should be the
right one ( Please correct me ! )
A note about speed says that it takes a few
minutes to discover a service from within a
Apache-Tomcat-Servlet but even after half
an hour there are no results ...
Even the Jini debug-options do not tell me
anything about any problem.

any ideas?

what information would be helpful to figure
out the problem?

thanks in advance