xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Elizabeth Golluscio" <elizabeth.gollus...@capeclear.com>
Subject RE: WSDL
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:46:55 GMT
Matias, Martin --

There are some customers doing what you suggest – generating WSML from
Java, EJB or CORBA IDL – so they can build MS SOAP Toolkit clients that
interact with those back end services.  We have some customers doing
this to create Visual Basic (not VB.NET) clients against these back-end
systems.

The WSML file is usually used in conjunction with a SOAP Toolkit server
to map Web Services to COM objects, but in CapeStudio it’s generated
from a java interface, java class or CORBA IDL file for a subset of the
WSML features that are used by clients to add complex types to their
operation calls.

A code example can be found in Chapter 6 our reference guide:
http://www.capeclear.com/products/manuals/capestudio/three/reference.pdf

Some basic details are available starting from here:
http://www.capeclear.com/products/capestudio/features/index.shtml

Thanks,
Elizabeth

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:anne@manes.net]
Sent: 13 June 2002 21:51
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org; webmaster@laconiadatasystems.com
Subject: RE: WSDL

My apologies. I did not understand your question. Let me verify that I
understand it now. There is a service that's currently running on a
Windows system that you would now like to implement using Apache SOAP
and deploy on a Unix machine. Once you've completed this effort the
Windows-based service will no longer be involved, and we don't care
about it any longer.

If that's the case, then you need to obtain the WSDL file that describes
the Windows service. (It doesn't matter if it's .NET or MS SOAP. And you
don't need the WSML file.) Feed the WSDL file into a Java-based WSDL
compiler, such as the WSDL2Java utility available with Apache Axis. This
will generate a skeleton. Fill in your own application logic. Deploy the
service.

Anne