xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Erich Izdepski" <eizdep...@cysive.com>
Subject RE: Custom types
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:41:33 GMT
Put your service classes in the classes directory of your webapp. For
example, D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\webapps\soap\WEB-INF\classes

Erich Izdepski
Senior Software Engineer
Cysive, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Ivey [mailto:cbivey@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 3:56 PM
To: List - Apache SOAP (User)
Subject: Custom types

If you specify a type mapping in your deployment
descriptor, how do you tell the server environment
where the class file is actually located?

I have deployed a service and when I attempt to
run it I receive this error:
Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
Fault String = Deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:BasicTradingService':
class name 'javasoap.book.ch5.StockTrade_ServerSide'
could not be resolved: javasoap.book.ch5.StockTrade_ServerSide

BTW, the code is from the O'Reilly book named Java and SOAP.

The SOAP documentation says to:
check that all classes referred to from the deployment
descriptor are available to the server runtime to load

What is the server runtime (soap.jar, catalina.jar, ...)?

I have configured my CLASSPATH to add the class file, but
I am thinking this only makes it available to the client.
Is this accurate?

Tomcat version: 	4.0.3
SOAP version: 	2.3.1
OS:			Windows 2000