xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Erich Izdepski" <eizdep...@cysive.com>
Subject RE: Again: Getting IP and Port from Soap-http-Connection serverside
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:59:37 GMT
You can use java to obtain a client ip address. The client port has no
meaning, since there is no process running on the client. The server port is
set by you (it is just the port the client connects to), so you already have
that. I don't think apache soap exposes the client ip address, but it is
open source, so if you need it you can add a patch to pass the client ip
address to your web service. Why do you want the ip address? There may be
easier ways to do what you are trying.

Erich Izdepski
Senior Software Engineer
Cysive, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Rettig [mailto:Oliver.Rettig@orat.de]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 4:01 AM
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Again: Getting IP and Port from Soap-http-Connection serverside

Hallo,

I have asked the same question last week but I go no answer. Please help me.
I cauld not found a solution.

I am using Apache-Soap 2.2 and 2.3.1. with tomcat 2.2 on SuSE-Linux 7.3. And
I want to get ip and port of the client and the port used on server for the
client-server-http-connection used bei http-Soap-Requests.
How can I get theses informations serverside?

best regards

Oliver
--
Oliver Rettig