xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Muench" <Steve.Mue...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Oracle V2 parser doesn't like unqualfied 'fault' elements
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:48:05 GMT
This error is thrown by the soap client libraries,
not the Oracle JAXP implementation.

If this is indeed the XML returned by the server:

<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>service 'urn:test:echo2'
unknown</faultstring>
<faultactor>/winxml/rpcrouter</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Then this is not parseable because is uses
the "SOAP-ENV" namespace *prefix* without
including a matching xmlns:SOAP-ENV="..."
namespace declaration.

I doubt any (XML 1.0 + Namespaces) parser would
parse this.

Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Evangelist, Author
Simplify J2EE and EJB Development with BC4J
http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
Building Oracle XML Apps, www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp