xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From Alex Rau <ra...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Multithreading and Blocking of Deployed Services
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:29:19 GMT
Hi Jason,

we did a major code rewrite last night. Mainly we moved the gui and
broadcast stuff into the service class. This way we saved a lot of soap
requests. Another issue was our servlet container, which we manipulated
for debugging purposes and started to fail to server multiple requests
in parallel.

After this code rewrite our system worked without deadlocks. Today we
ran it on 2 ipaqs and one notebook and tested our first information
dissemination algorithms :)

When i said, the service interface would call it self via soap, i did a
mistake. It was calling the other clients service interface. But the
idea of writing a complete web application instead of simple service
interface and a "normal" application holding the servlet container did
help (reduced bandwidth and error detection :) ).

Tnx a lot,

Regards Alexander Rau

PS: Anyone offering an intership for a computer science graduate student
from germany for about 3-6 (or even more) months in the sf bay area ?