xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff and Jacque" <jeffandjac...@home.com>
Subject Samples Configuration/Deployment Problem
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 21:07:33 GMT
Hello all,

I am having trouble getting the samples to work.  I am running Apache
1.3.17, Tomcat 3.2.1, SOAP-2.0, Xerces 1.3.1, and am using JDK 1.3 all on
Solaris 8.

Soap appears to be configured correctly, I can go look at all of the admin
stuff, but in trying to get the addressbook sample registered, I tried this:

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient \
    http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter \
    deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml

and got this:

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:181)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClien
t.java:110)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java
:123)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:1
88)

I tried registering the addressbook by hand (via the SOAP Deploy page) and
get a similar error when running the client.  It is as follows:

Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.

Does SOAP need to get out and check the schema @ schemas.xmlsoap.org?  If so
then might this be a proxy problem?  I am running this on Solaris 8 inside
of a corporate network with proxies required to get anywhere.  How do I get
the SOAP server to recognize a proxy setting to get this info?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Carlson