xml-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Simpson, Jeff" <jsimp...@EZPRICING.com>
Subject RE: Two enhancements: HTTP 1.1 keepalive and SSL
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 14:29:49 GMT
Has anything happened with the SSL version?  I would be interested in
testing it.

-----Original Message-----
From: George I Matkovits [mailto:matkovitsg@uswest.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2000 2:51 PM
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Two enhancements: HTTP 1.1 keepalive and SSL

I started working 'off line' on the SSL version. I would like to work
with the servlet replacement of the reouter.jsp. I do not expect any
interface changes. There is just going to be a new https transport and
changes in some utility modules. I  hope it is going to be real
transparent (the URL will have https and NOT http).
Regards - George

p.s. SSL socket connection does not work for me but  my test
environment works OK over a URL connection (on Linux with Apache,
mod_ssl, openssl and Tomcat). Encryption strength will depend on the
type of the respective crypto jar file (its strength is export
controlled). I would also like to use certificates for authentication
(the APIs are there for CGI) but I am just currently researching the
respective Java APIs.