xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@ewarna.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Resolution to create the Web Services Project
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 01:55:51 GMT
On Wednesday 22 January 2003 06:22, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> I will vote against any resolution calling for a "Web Services" project
> for the same reason we don't have a "Java" project or a ".NET" project.
> Those are marketing names owned and established by other companies.
> Find a new name.

Proposal; WOLF

Acronym to be determined later.

Rationale;
* Follow Apache Foundation's other animal names.
* Nature's Wolf is strong, cunning, work together and is feared.
* Installation of a Wolf Pack, indicates both lethal power and the common
description of "pack" as a software component/subsystem.
* Nice Logo can easily be designed.
* Doubt that an animal name can be trademarked.

Niclas