xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject xml.apache.org refactoring #1
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:12:53 GMT
Greetings all,

>From our discussion last December, it seems clear to me that most of the subprojects are
not interested in becoming top-level projects.  It also seems clear that people are interested
broad based representation in the XML PMC.   I think that the best way to improve the issues
related to project oversight is to have a series of small refactorings.  So here's my proposal
for the first refactoring:

We ask each subproject to nominate 1 (or 2) people from that project to be a part of the XML
PMC.  From my experience, I think that it will be better to have 2 people rather than one
in order to share workload, etc.   I believe that both Axis (is Axis planning on taking SOAP
with it) and Cocoon are in the process of creating their own PMC's.  They would obviously
be exempt from this.

I know that we're going to have some discussion about this (lets keep it in general@) -- I
encourage it -- but I've also noticed that things tend to peter out after while and nothing
happens, so I want to have an endmarker.  I propose to limit discussion on this proposal until
next Friday Jan 24.  If this proposal is still being considered on the 24th, then I'd propose
that the subprojects nominate their folks by the following Friday, Jan 31.

Ted