xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From armst...@WellsFargo.COM
Subject RE: SSL problem
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:31:02 GMT
You might want to change the algorithm you are trying to use.  Try
eliminating the -RSA flag in the keytool command.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oscar Pablo [mailto:opablo@sgosoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 8:19 AM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: SSL problem

Hi all,

I've tried to create an infrastructure to allow to automatically configure
the SSL communication with SOAP. My problem is that the creation of the
keystores and certificates using keytool is not possible with different
versions of JDK (keytool).
For example, I'm using JDK 1.3.0 on the client side to generate the keystore
and certificate, and JDK 1.4.0 to do the same on the server side. I got an
error on the client side saying "KeyPairGenerator not available".
I've been searching for this error in several mailing lists and I got the
reply that this was because of different JDK versions.
My question is: Is there any way to create, import and export a certificate
on both sides with keytool having diferent JDK versions, without problems?
If this is not possible, is there any solution to this problem other than
changing JDK versions?

Thanks a lot,

Óscar