xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Ext-Shaun.OHa...@nokia.com
Subject RE: Performance issues with Apache SOAP
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 07:14:45 GMT
Hi Sac,

Are you using localhost ? Remember that SOAP is a network based technology
so check that things like any DNS lookups and call routing are not slowing
things down.  Also remember that you should be looking to re-use objects
where possible especially ones that have a high initialisation overhead.
I'm not sure at this time about 2.1/2.2's use of HTTP 1.1 and re-usable HTTP
connections.  If you are sending multiple soap messages to the same endpoint
look at using this enhancement to HTTP.

Regards,

Shaun O'Hagan
London UK.

-----Original Message-----
From: ext sac vish [mailto:xmlrpc@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 12:46 AM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Performance issues with Apache SOAP

Hi ALL,
I was curious to know whether anybody has done bench marking on Apache SOAP
2.1/2.2? I found it to be very slow,it takes around 800-1000ms per SOAP
call. I have not debugged the code but it seems just to create the 'Call'
object it takes 375ms. Could somebody tell me why it takes that long??
Is there any possiblity to optimize it, if only HTTP transport is needed?

Thanks
Sac