xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "sac vish" <xml...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues with Apache SOAP
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:36:43 GMT
Scott
You are right, I found that it takes longer (1000ms) only for the first
time.
I have a SOAP request of size ~13kb, if client program sends this in loop
(1000 iterations), it takes on average 130ms per request (first request
which takes longer is ignored in calculations).
BTW server does not do any processing.

If I run same client program simulatenously in 4 console, processing time
increased to around 360ms, almost 3 times of earlier test.

1. Am I getting expected readings?
2. Where is the room to improve the performance in case of simulatenous
requests?
3. I believe everytime new object gets instantiated for processing the
request. Does code use object pooling?
4. Somebody in earlier replied suggested to use HTTP enhancement such as
HTTP connection pooling. Would appreciate if you could suggest any ways to
improve the performance.

Thanks
Sac