xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Umesh Dandekar <umesh_dande...@net.com>
Subject newbie question
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 18:01:41 GMT
Hi,
 I have just started on SOAP, by downloading the apache-soap
implementation,
and had a basic question. If my server side is implemented using the
apache-soap implementation, does the client side neccesarily need to
have
the same API? In other words, does the client always need to use apache
soap stuff? Or is it okay for the client to send a SOAP envelope
containing
the correct data? In particular, when I am returning a user defined
type,
the apache soap documentation says that we need to do some part on the
client
side [specify the serializer, deserializers, and mapping stuff]. What if
my client does not use the apache-soap stuff? Will it still work?

 Appreciate your help.
 thanks,
 ~umesh