xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Bouckaert <h...@fractalgraphics.com.au>
Subject problem with long method names
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 06:06:38 GMT
Hi

We have encountered another problem, this time not with a soap/tomcat
server but with a server connection to another soap server written in
C++.

While using Apache SOAP (both 2.1 and 2.2), I've encountered a problem
with having long method names - the SOAP message that gets sent across
the network contains nothing following the "SOAPAction" line, i.e. it
only contains the HTTP header lines (the way I found out was to get the
server to print out every SOAP message that it receives).

Below is a simple program that demostrates this problem I'm
encountering. Very much appreciated if anyone can point out what I'm
doing wrong.

import java.net.*;
import org.apache.soap.*;
import org.apache.soap.rpc.*;

class SomeApp
{
  public static void main( String args[] ) throws Exception
  {
    Call call = new Call();
    call.setTargetObjectURI( "urn:targetObjectURI" );
    call.setMethodName( "someReallyReallyLongMethodName" ); /* empty
SOAPAction body */
//  call.setMethodName( "someMethodName" ); /* this works fine */

    Response resp;
    try
    {
      resp = call.invoke( new URL("http://host:8080/SomeService"),
"someActionURI" );
    }
    catch( SOAPException e )
    {
      System.err.println( "Caught SOAPException ("+e.getFaultCode()+"):
"+e.getMessage() );
      return;
    }

    if( resp.generatedFault() )
    {
      Fault fault = resp.getFault();
      System.out.println( "Ouch, the call failed: " );
      System.out.println( "  Fault Code   = "+fault.getFaultCode() );
      System.out.println( "  Fault String = "+fault.getFaultString() );
    }
    else
    {
      Parameter result = resp.getReturnValue();
      System.out.println( "Response Value: "+result.getValue() );
      System.out.println( "Response Name : "+result.getName() );
      System.out.println( "Response Type : "+result.getType() );
    }
  }
}
--