xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "P Sreenivasa Rao" <ps...@cmcltd.com>
Subject performance issues in Web Services
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:21:32 GMT

Hi all,
I have some doubts regarding the performance issues(u can call them as disadvntages ) of Web
Services.
Actually,we'll depend on the performnace of Service Provider in web services.So in the internet
scenario,the performance will be a bottleneck as it'll take much time (due to more no of hops
or more traffic to SP etc) to get response.

Another thing, I dont know the necessity of request broker in the web serives scenario.Is
it replaced by UDDI registry or UDDI registry is the implementation of request broker?Is there
any public UDDI registry available? I tried with IBM's site but I dint get the actaul link
pointed in their documentation.

Finally,what  are the other advantages and bottlenecks in this Web serivces scenario.
Thanks a lot for one and all.
Awaiting your early response.
Thanks and regards,
Sreenivas,CMCLtd