xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Verma, Sandip" <sandip.ve...@csfb.com>
Subject Http through a Firewall
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 16:38:53 GMT
Hi,

I am quite new to this and could do with some pointers.
I would like to make SOAP calls to an external SOAP server from behind a
firewall. My calls will be HTTP via a proxy server.
Could your examples be adapted to do this ? If so do you have a test SOAP
server on the internet I can test them against ?

At the moment if I attempt to point the example code to a server on the
internet I get a Unknown Host exception, with an error message reading
"error opening socket".

I have tried using the setProxy/setPort methods on the SOAPHTTPConnection
class with no luck.

Thanks

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state
them to be the views of any such entity.
Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is
indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to
deal at any price quoted.
Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as
preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.