xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Potential F2F design session for 3.0?
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:15:28 GMT
Steve Graham wrote:

> this effort is evolving beyond SOAP/XP to a broader Web Services
> architecture. Of course, SOAP/XP will be at the heart of it.

We need to be careful here.  The scope of the current project is defined by
the XML PMC.  I have no problem going back there and describing how the W3C
changed the name and how we all agreed that this was to track to the
standard, but I am reticent to go back and lobby for expanding the scope
until I can demonstrate that there actually is an active community here in
terms of the number and diversity of the participants and the quantity and
frequency of commits.

Within IBM, we/I have a second problem - increasing the scope will require
approval within IBM (by the OSSC) for IBMers to participate.  This should
not be a problem.  Just a todo.

- Sam Ruby