xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Octav Chipara <ochip...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject Re: [SOAP] SOAP and Language Bindings?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 18:47:22 GMT

Hi,

There was some talk about this previously on this list ... and as I
remember James came up with some requirements. I believe that the
discussion that we had already underline the guiding principles for such
an implementation ... If we are about to start again gathering
requirements somebody must take notes and publish these requirements on
the web ...

- Octav

PS: Please change the name of the trend.

e-mail:         ochipara@cse.unl.edu
phone:		(402)472-9492
web page:	www.cse.unl.edu/~ochipara

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, ryan.tecco wrote:

> > What about the XML parser....Is Xerces C++ OK?
>
> 	Looks like it, I was looking at gnome's libxml, and
> 	the corresponding libxml++, which is a C++ wrapper for
> 	libxml, but libxml has no mention of supporting schemas,
> 	whereas Xerces does.
>
> 	Any idea when schemas are going to be supported?
>
> 	SourceForge site for the portable, C++ SOAP impl any
> 	time now...
>
> 	rt

the Xerces C++ parser. In fact I was also looking forward to first develop a portable HTTP
classes. I tried to decode the Apache http implementation(Apache Core) to make use of it.
Since it is pure C code, we need to have some wrappers for it(if at all we need to make use
of it !!) or other alternative is it look out for already available open-source classes. Has
any-body come across any such?