xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Kartheek Hirode" <kartheek_hir...@centegy.com>
Subject Enabling https
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 03:02:29 GMT

Hello all,
I'm writing code to make the messages to go on HTTPS instead of HTTP
as it is now.

Have modified HTTPUtils, SOAPHTTPConnection and Call to enable this,
but while compiling my version of SOAPHTTPConnection, I get the following
errors below. (I have soap.jar (from Apache-SOAP, 6-2-2000) and xerces.jar
(1.0.3) in my
CLASSPATH while compiling.)

The gist of the errors is:
i) Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils

ii) Class org.apache.xerces.utils.Base64 not found in import

Questions:
i)  Is it best to just build the whole thing from scratch?
ii) Can I do "ant build.xml" and will the whole thing compile and
    put the classes in the right place? Does it jar it up too?
    Sorry to ask this 'coz its the next thing I'm gonna do after this mail.

Best regards,
KH

Errors are:

SOAPMappingRegistry.java:174: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils
and org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
        String value = DOMUtils.getChildCharacterData(root);
                       ^
Base64Serializer.java:5: Class org.apache.xerces.utils.Base64 not found in
import.
import org.apache.xerces.utils.Base64;
       ^
Envelope.java:218: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
      Element tempEl   = DOMUtils.getFirstChildElement(root);
                         ^
Envelope.java:223: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
        tempEl = DOMUtils.getNextSiblingElement(tempEl);
                 ^
Envelope.java:229: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
        tempEl = DOMUtils.getNextSiblingElement(tempEl);
                 ^
Envelope.java:263: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
          tempEl = DOMUtils.getNextSiblingElement(tempEl);
                   ^
ArraySerializer.java:161: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
    Element tempEl = DOMUtils.getFirstChildElement(root);
                     ^
ArraySerializer.java:166: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
      String declEncStyle = DOMUtils.getAttributeNS(tempEl,
                            ^
ArraySerializer.java:182: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
      tempEl = DOMUtils.getNextSiblingElement(tempEl);
               ^
ArraySerializer.java:221: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
    int length = DOMUtils.countKids(arrayEl, Node.ELEMENT_NODE);
                 ^
XMLParameterSerializer.java:127: Ambiguous class:
org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
    Element el = DOMUtils.getFirstChildElement(paramEl);
                 ^
Header.java:156: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
    for (Element el = DOMUtils.getFirstChildElement(root);
                      ^
Header.java:158: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
                 el = DOMUtils.getNextSiblingElement(el))
                      ^
Body.java:172: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
    for (Element el = DOMUtils.getFirstChildElement(root);
                      ^
Body.java:174: Ambiguous class: org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils and
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils
                 el = DOMUtils.getNextSiblingElement(el))
                      ^
15 errors

Kartheek V. Hirode
Software Engineer