xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Kailash Aynor" <akail...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ Implementation
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 21:40:02 GMT
Looks good. I think we need a separate class for operation itself. This would help in in setting
the method specific attributes.

ex.,
SOAPMethod method1("doSomething"); // now the attributes of this method could be like timeout
value, whether it is
                                                            // synchronous call or asysnchronous.
It essentially helps in abstracting the methods.
method1.setParameter("param1", "value");
method1.setEncodingStyle(SOAP_ENC);

Also do u think, that setOperation() be a function of Payload. I like to follow the tree structured
assignment.
ex;
SOAPPayload::setEnvelope(envelope);
envelope.setOperation(method1);

Kail.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: James Snell
  To: 'soap-dev@xml.apache.org' ; 'matkovitsg@uswest.net'
  Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 12:36 PM
  Subject: RE: C++ Implementation

  As an FYI, I started work last night on the following set of components:

  EnvelopeWriter
  EnvelopeReader
  SOAPEnvelope
  SOAPHeader
  SOAPPayload

  These classes would provide a extensible factory approach to creating SOAP
  Envelopes.  Imagine the following psuedo code:

     SOAPEnvelope   Envelope;
     SecurityHeader Header;   /* SecurityHeader Extends SOAPHeader */
     RPCPayload     Payload;  /* RPCPayload Extends SOAPPayload    */
     EnvelopeWriter Writer;

     Writer.setEnvelopeEncodingStyle(SOAP_ENC);
     Writer.createHeader(&Header);
     Header.mustUnderstand = true;
     Header.setActor(SOAP_ACTOR_NEXT);
     Header.setCredentials(USER_LOGIN, USER_PASSWORD);
     Writer.appendHeader(Header);

     Writer.createPayload(&Payload);
     Payload.setPayloadEncodingStyle(SOAP_ENC);
     Payload.setOperation("doSomething");
     Payload.setParameter("param1", "value");
     Payload.setParameter("param2", "value");
     Writer.appendPayload(&Payload);

     Writer.getEnvelope(&Envelope);

     // Do whatever you want to do with Envelope from here on out