xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Crane" <doug.cr...@juldi.com>
Subject JRun config?
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:43:39 GMT
If anyone out there is using JRun 3.0 as their SOAP server, could you share
some details of how you're configured?  I'm using  Xerces 1.1.3, XML4J
3.0.1, and xml-soap 2.0 rc2.  I've added the following to my JRun classpath
setting:

d:\xerces-1_1_3
d:\XML4J_3_0_1\xml4j.jar
d:\xml-soap-2_0_rc2\lib

thereby adding xerces.jar, xml4j.jar, and soap.jar (hopefully satisfying the
order dependency specified in back of the xml-soap 2.0 release notes).  To
the best of my knowledge, I've deployed the addressbook example properly
using deploy.jsp.  When I try to invoke an addressbook method, however, I
get the below exception.  This seems to happen pretty early in the process,
because I can attempt to call a method that doesn't exist on the server side
and I'll get the same results.  I've verified that org.w3c.dom.Node class in
xerces.jar has the getNamespaceURI() method.  I'm guessing it's a config
problem; any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug Crane
Juldi, Inc.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root
element must be well-formed.
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:969)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$PrologDispatcher.dispatch(XML
DocumentScanner.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:861)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.XercesParserLiaison.read(XercesParserLiaison.java:8
5)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:157)
        at samples.addressbook.GetAddress.main(GetAddress.java:125)
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Protocol):
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String; not found
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:78)
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java, Compiled Code)
        at
jrun__rpcrouter__rpcrouter2ejsp18._jspService(jrun__rpcrouter__rpcrouter2ejs
p18.java, Compiled Code)
        at allaire.jrun.jsp.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:40)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunNamedDispatcher.forward(JRunNamedDispatcher.java:34
)
        at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:174)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.jav
a:88)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1131)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:330)
        at allaire.jrun.http.WebEndpoint.run(WebEndpoint.java:107)
        at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
        at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java, Compiled Code)