xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven McDowall" <...@aptest.com>
Subject RE: i18n (was: rpcrouter servlet committed)
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 15:27:16 GMT
RE: i18n (was: rpcrouter servlet committed)
Yes, it is pretty important. The way most (all?) HTTP servers (Apache, etc.)
allow Connection oriented requests
(keep-alive) is through the use of content length. I.e. the request and
result must supply content length in order
to have more than one soap request per connection.. This has been an ongoing
concern/request ever since
IBM-SOAP came out..

-Steve

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Jean-Noel Gadreau [mailto:jngadreau@activcard.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 3:32 PM
  To: 'soap-dev@xml.apache.org'
  Subject: RE: i18n (was: rpcrouter servlet committed)

  Sorry. I did not have time to look at the CVS version, and I have been
playing with several versions so I guess I got confused :-) I am just
wondering how important the content-length is ? Why do we need it ? Is it
for performance ?

  Jean-Noel Gadreau
  Jean-Noel GADREAU
  Software Engineer, ActivCard Inc.(http://www.activcard.com )