xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven J. McDowall" <sjmcdow...@uswest.net>
Subject RE: Java Sevlet Implementation - Attachment
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 17:46:17 GMT

Thanks for the input Wouter..

1) As for the Get Method.. Well, that's just my old Servlet Template
which I didn't think to remove.. When at all possible, I like to be
flexible.. However, for SOAP your right.. Even I can't imagine how someone
would get a SOAP payload through a GET method.. :-)

2) As for the try/catch you mentioned. I wondered about this too, and
it probably should be changed. I didn't want to change the behavior of
the first version TOO much from the jsp, including bad behavior. :-)

Hopefully this code (and the README text, etc. ) will go into the standard
xml-soap CVS somewhere (with the proper apache disclaimer headers, etc.)
as version 1.0, and from there I can fix these up and also approach the
synchronization issue..

Sanjiva or anyone, could someone explain WHAT was the thinking behind
the various scope, iScope, scopeids, etc. and how that related to
synch. and how we should approach in a servlet context? :-)

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Wouter Cloetens [mailto:wcloeten@raleigh.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 1:07 AM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Java Sevlet Implementation - Attachment

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:52:17 -0500, Steven J. McDowall wrote:

>I have finished a PRELIMINARY Servlet version of rpcrouter.jsp.

Good work. I'm especially happy with the Unicode support. :-)

Hmm, why would you support the GET method in it? That can't deliver a SOAP
payload.
Only POST and PUT have content...

Another problem with the JSP version that's still in the servlet version, is
that the try block
to catch SOAPExceptions and then return SOAP faults, does not extend over
the part at
the bottom that builds the response. That part can also throw
SOAPExceptions, which will
let the servlet engine send some HTML error page it generates itself. Even
the
SOAPException catch block doesn't always return a valid SOAP error response
(just a
message or a stack trace sometimes).

bfn, Wouter
--
http://www.workspot.net/~zombie/soap/
My opinions are irrelevant. They will be assimilated by my employer.