xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven J. McDowall" <sjmcdow...@uswest.net>
Subject RE: what do we call this beast?
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 12:17:21 GMT

I agree.. Apache Soap is a very logical name. xml-soap is odd since of
course
it uses XML.. but it is NOT from the XML people (w3c)..

-----Original Message-----
From: Mika.Laitio@sysline.com [mailto:Mika.Laitio@sysline.com]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 1:05 AM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: what do we call this beast?

I think that Apache Soap is the best and natural way to call this engine.
My vote for it.

Mika

                    "Sanjiva
                    Weerawarana"          To:     "Apache SOAP"
<soap-dev@xml.apache.org>
                    <sanjiva@watso        cc:
                    n.ibm.com>            Subject:     what do we call this
beast?

                    04.08.2000
                    08:09
                    Please respond
                    to soap-dev

Is the Apache SOAP implementation called "XML SOAP" or "Apache SOAP"?
Or something else? The first version (same as IBM SOAP v1.2 repackaged)
was called XML SOAP.

Unless someone comes up with something better I prefer Apache SOAP.

What do others feel? If there's no real consensus we'll do a vote.

Sanjiva.