xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "James Snell" <jsn...@lemoorenet.com>
Subject RE: xml-soap and xsi:type requirements
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:23:57 GMT
RE: [SOAP] SOAP spec 1.1 and SOAP/Perl 0.23?Right now, nope, there's no way
to turn it off right now.  A couple of ideas have been dicussed, but nothing
acted upon yet, and I'm way too overloaded to make the changes myself.

- James
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Brown, Keith [mailto:KBrown@develop.com]
  Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 6:58 PM
  To: 'soap-dev@xml.apache.org'
  Subject: xml-soap and xsi:type requirements

  It's not clear to me why the Apache implementation requires xsi:type
attributes describing *all* parameters. Is there a way to turn off this
requirement? This would make it much easier to interop with environments
(like Perl) where type information is much more scarce (and not terribly
desirable). I'm guessing the reason for the requirement is for dealing with
overloaded method signatures?

  Following is a thread I posted to the SOAP list recently for some
background.

  Keith