xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Noel Gadreau <jngadr...@activcard.com>
Subject RE: SOAPException changes to allow details
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:10:51 GMT
This could be configurable. During debug, you have a flag that allows to get
the stacktrace, and when you deploy, it is not on to avoid giving important
information to the client. I agree that for now, you can catch it yourself,
but if this is a feature part of the servlet/JSP, that would be cool.

Jean-Noel
=============
Jean-Noel GADREAU
Software Engineer, ActivCard Inc.( http://www.activcard.com
<http://www.activcard.com/>  )
E-mail: jngadreau@activcard.com
Tel (main): 510-574-0100
Tel (direct): 510-574-1736

-----Original Message-----
From: Simpson, Jeff [mailto:jsimpson@EZPRICING.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 2:01 PM
To: 'soap-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: SOAPException changes to allow details

Some people had expressed want to h=have what is the target exception's
stacktrace in the fault.  I personally don't think that we should do this
since I do not want to give this type of information out to a caller.  I
plan on using this for a commercial external purpose.  I think a better Idea
is if you need to send a stack trace out then you need to catch the fault
you self and format the SOAPException's details.